RSS Laptop

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

xxx2fan
What radios do you own?: HT750 Ht1250 CDM1250 CDM1550

RSS Laptop

Post by xxx2fan »

Hi
My old laptop died it was a Green753 don't know the brand. But it worked great with all old radios. Now I'm in search of another one any brand that will work with old RSS for Maxtrac GP300 GP350 P110 etc.
I got a NES Vista\50 off of good old ebay, also a Toshiba R5200\100 and neither will work. I can't get them to communicate with the comm port and radio I've check every setting and using the same DOS disk and program disk I used with the green
Anyone can point me in the right direction I may be able to fine one on good old ebay.
Thanks for any suggestions on this.
k9
Jim202

Re: RSS Laptop

Post by Jim202 »

Not knowing how you had the other laptop set up, I would ask if by any chance that you have gone
into the computer setup section of the RSS and checked that the software is looking for the COM1
serial port. If your old computer had more than one com port in use, you may have pointed it to
a different port.

I really haven't found any old computers that the software wouldn't run on.

Jim

xxx2fan wrote:Hi
My old laptop died it was a Green753 don't know the brand. But it worked great with all old radios. Now I'm in search of another one any brand that will work with old RSS for Maxtrac GP300 GP350 P110 etc.
I got a NES Vista\50 off of good old ebay, also a Toshiba R5200\100 and neither will work. I can't get them to communicate with the comm port and radio I've check every setting and using the same DOS disk and program disk I used with the green
Anyone can point me in the right direction I may be able to fine one on good old ebay.
Thanks for any suggestions on this.
k9
xxx2fan
What radios do you own?: HT750 Ht1250 CDM1250 CDM1550

Re: RSS Laptop

Post by xxx2fan »

Thanks for the reply
I did check the comm port settings and all ok. I checked the bios too for the settings.
Booted in pure dos.No good
But some good news I made a DOS CD for my Dell C640 tried a cp350 and all worked fine. So I'm in good shape again
didn't think the C640 would work thought it would be too fast but all is ok. I have 2 of them and a couple for parts.
Guess the old NES v50 and the Toshiba R5200/100 is just more space in my shop.
Thanks for the help. Wanted to share how I solved the problem. I did make a iso of the boot cd so I don't loose what works.
2fan

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”