anybody ever use the 2001d cbl fault loctr ?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jry

anybody ever use the 2001d cbl fault loctr ?

Post by jry »

OK has anyone ever user the cable fault locator in the 2001D series ?

The operators manual has zero info and the only info is in the help screen. ( no details at all )

Need to test some 800Mhz link antenna cables and wondered if it was worth lugging out to the site.

Do not have the original RF probe but I do have one that should work.

The most I was trying to determine is where the bad spots may be in the cables since a lot of the runs are internal to the building
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: anybody ever use the 2001d cbl fault loctr ?

Post by AEC »

The only type of "cable fault' location I ever used with the R2001d-HS is with an Eagle RLB150x3 return loss bridge connected to the RF source and return port, with the cable under test connected to the D.U.T port, monitor set to NO offset, display set to monitor, and the Generate port used in conjunction with the RF input port as the reflected port(return loss).
Duplex Generate switched 'ON' and attenuation set to 10dB.

Setup: GEnerate output to 'source' on the return loss bridge.

RF input of monitor conneccted to 'reflected' port of the return loss bridge, and the cable requiring testing connected to the D.U.T (combined) port of the return loss bridge.

NO power to the bridge, this model can only sustain a continuous 1.5 watts, and 5 watts intermittently!

I set the span to max at first, then mnarrow it as I find bumps in the display.

I have NOT tried to test long cable runs with this method, my longest cable being tested was 54 feet to the cabinet.

It's not the best, but in a pinch, it should work adequately though.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”