GM300 TX QC II

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

M1225
What radios do you own?: VHF M1225, Yaesu FT2800M

GM300 TX QC II

Post by M1225 »

I'm trying to figure out how to make a GM300 transmit quick call two tones. I see the settings in the RSS but am not sure how to make it work. Any help would be great! Thanks!
The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!
rescuer
What radios do you own?: APX7000, XPR7550, PR400

Re: GM300 TX QC II

Post by rescuer »

Worked on the same problem last week.

This is from memory so you may need to tweak a few things:

Under CALL LIST Configuration:

Add Entry then change the signalling system to QCII. You may need to have a QCII system (decode) set-up under the SIGNALLING Configuration Menu before you do this.

Change the tones as desired. Some tones will deviated from what you entry by a tenth or two. It should still work if it's close. You can add at least 20 different tones.

You will need to enable Voice Selcall Encode or Call Alert Encode under the SIGNALLING:RADIO WIDE screen as well.

This is from memory so some of the details may not be correct. If you still have trouble write back and I'll go through it step by step.

Good luck,
M1225

Post by M1225 »

Well I did some more tinkering and still no luck.

I may have it set right in the radio but have no idea how to transmit the tones.
The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!
rescuer
What radios do you own?: APX7000, XPR7550, PR400

Post by rescuer »

If you have enabled SelCall or Call Alert Encode, here is how you transmit the tones:

First the radio must not be on SCAN.

Place the radio on the appropriate channel. (You can set the two-tone to automatically revert to a designated channel, but play it safe and manually go to the appropriate channel.)

Press the 'sel' button (lower right). This display should start flashing SC (SelCall) or CA(Call Alert), press 'sel' to select between the two.

Use the Up/Down arrows to scroll through the preprogrammed tones, (if more than one.)

Press the transmit button ONE TIME. The tones should transmit. Press 'sel' to take radio off SC or CA and then begin talking. DO NOT PRESS the microphone while the display is still flashing or you will transmit the tones again.

That's it.

Somewhere there is an option for the SC/CA time-out, which you may want to set at a lower level (1-2 sec) so the radio will automatically revert back to the normal channel to lessen the chance of inadvertently transmitting the tones a second time.

Another option that you may need to enable is the tone pretime, which keys the radio for a second or two before the tones are transmitted. This is especially important if paging through a repeater.

I really don't know the difference between SelCall or Call Alert in regards to paging. I have transmitted them both and can't tell a difference between the two.

If you need more help, just ask.
M1225

Post by M1225 »

Ok I got it going 8) Thanks for all your help :D

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”