Converting specta dash mount to trunk mount

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa8iqo
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTL5000 & XTS5000

Converting specta dash mount to trunk mount

Post by wa8iqo »

I picked up a Spectra VHF #D43KMA7JA5BK. When I read it in RSS it shows the A5 control head and wont let me program user selectable scan or modify the Zones. It labeled as an old Los Angles Fire Department radio. I want to convert it to a trunk mount A9 for System 9000 use.

Is this as simple as changing the firm wear?

Can I change the firmware or does that require special equipment?

I'm new to this hole firmware thing, and I have no clue about "BitBangin" thing I've been reading about. I'm just a novice
so be remedial with you replies.
Brad - WA8IQO
Jim202

Re: Converting specta dash mount to trunk mount

Post by Jim202 »

Before you go any further, you need to spend some time on the site www.batlabs.com and go into the first selection
for the radios. Go to the mobile section and select the SPECTRA.

After you have spent a day or so absorbing all the information there and at the link sites, then come back with
your questions that you may still have.

Jim

wa8iqo wrote:I picked up a Spectra VHF #D43KMA7JA5BK. When I read it in RSS it shows the A5 control head and wont let me program user selectable scan or modify the Zones. It labeled as an old Los Angles Fire Department radio. I want to convert it to a trunk mount A9 for System 9000 use.

Is this as simple as changing the firm wear?

Can I change the firmware or does that require special equipment?

I'm new to this hole firmware thing, and I have no clue about "BitBangin" thing I've been reading about. I'm just a novice
so be remedial with you replies.
Will

Re: Converting specta dash mount to trunk mount

Post by Will »

I have the original 'codeplug' for that radio. Unless someone 'hacked' or changed the MLM it should work with user select Scan, ect.

Return to “Radio Programming”