USB connector type mystery (Sony cable) ST?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

USB connector type mystery (Sony cable) ST?

Post by Pj »

I need to make/buy a usb cable...Standard type A male on one end, but a female ST? connector on the other. The connector is the same as what Sony uses with their DSLR camera...very similar to the mirco-USB which blackberry went to for the new phones...but different enough that they don't fit.

Anyone have a clue what this is called? On the charger/cradle its stamped "ST" but I find no reference to a ST connector anywhere.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Jim202

Re: USB connector type mystery (Sony cable) ST?

Post by Jim202 »

Pj wrote:I need to make/buy a usb cable...Standard type A male on one end, but a female ST? connector on the other. The connector is the same as what Sony uses with their DSLR camera...very similar to the mirco-USB which blackberry went to for the new phones...but different enough that they don't fit.

Anyone have a clue what this is called? On the charger/cradle its stamped "ST" but I find no reference to a ST connector anywhere.

No clue to what it is called. I have found there are at least 3 different so called mini USB connectors in use now.
Don't have a clue why these companies can't standardize on one common connector.

I have had to put labels on the end of my cables to tell which product they go to. Unless you take the time to
really look at the end of these connectors, your going to try putting the wrong one into your device.

Jim

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”