Looking for install ideas for 2000 Dodge Caravan

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K2XM

Looking for install ideas for 2000 Dodge Caravan

Post by K2XM »

Hi all,

I just got a new set of wheels, a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan,
and I'm looking for installation ideas. I've got three radios
to install...2 Spectras and 1 MCX1000.

With all the great info I've seen in this forum, I'm sure someone
on here must have done an install in one of these.

Thanks,
Pete
Hudson, NH
Zero dbm

Post by Zero dbm »

Well,

If you've got a centre console, you could get out the die grinder with a cutting wheel on it and start cutting. You will lose all storage in the console, but hey, those vans have a fair amount of stowage in other places. Take you time and be careful. Without a console? Fabricate a bracket that will hold all three radios and stick them on the floor in between the driver and pass. seat. Slice the carpet under it and send all the cables under it. Do whatever it takes. Vehicles are meant to be disassembled in order to facilitate radios!
mmmm modat
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

I have a 2000 Town & Country, I installed a Spectra A7 Remote mount. Drawer unit went under the passenger's seat and head tucked into the console without chopping it up. The cupholder blocks the view of it when open--which is just about all the time. If I were you--I think I'd be looking at a dual spectra with HHCH. There has been a few on ebay lately. They're 100 watts drawers, so you might have to play musical drawers and MLM editing to get it down to something that fits and your band requirements and under the seat. (If your passenger seat is power it is going to fit two.) I've got a freind who has made dual drawer Spectra work with A9--for the most part (display doesn't update to reflect changes in non selected radio). I've thought about researching the same project with an A7, for my van but haven't had the time.--but that could be an option as well.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”