XPR6500 can't transmit

Moderator: Queue Moderator

videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

XPR6500 can't transmit

Post by videonerd »

Hello, I have an XPR6500 portable that I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't transmit in TRBO mode. I can't find a TRBO flashcode decoder but could this radio be flashed for analog-only? Doesn't work regardless of repeater/talkaround mode with always admit criteria. What am I overlooking... ?

H55QDH9JA1AN
Flashcode 5000080-000488-2
Firmware R1.05.00
gopher

Re: XPR6500 can't transmit

Post by gopher »

you are in range of the repeater right?
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Post by videonerd »

Whoops - out of all that I forgot the most important part ... I get a bonk the instant I push the PTT. Regardless of repeater or simplex mode. This is only on digital channels, analog stuff is fine.
gopher

Post by gopher »

unless something changed there is not simplex mode on digital
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

gopher wrote:unless something changed there is not simplex mode on digital
Umm, yes there is...but you can only use it on slot 1. Videonerd, you need to define at least one 'group call' under digital contacts, and one RX Group List with that group as a member, then point each channel to those under the 'group list' and 'contact name' drop down fields in each channel. Clear as mud?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
abrasowski
What radios do you own?: CDM1250s, CP200, RDXs, DTR550

RE: TRBO capabilties in Simplex Mode

Post by abrasowski »

So i don't have to start a new thread, can you elaborate on the capabilities of trbo in simplex mode.

If I have 2 XPR6550 handhelds, and program them for digital simplex frequency, can I still text message and private call via simplex mode? Or i need "slot 2" for that extra text, message, private call stuff?
--
Alexander
wavetar
Administrator

Re: RE: TRBO capabilties in Simplex Mode

Post by wavetar »

abrasowski wrote:So i don't have to start a new thread, can you elaborate on the capabilities of trbo in simplex mode.

If I have 2 XPR6550 handhelds, and program them for digital simplex frequency, can I still text message and private call via simplex mode? Or i need "slot 2" for that extra text, message, private call stuff?
All that works in simplex. The repeater simply allows for a second time slot, in standard conventional systems.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”