motorola r2001D trunking option upgrade

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jry

motorola r2001D trunking option upgrade

Post by jry »

I was looking at adding the trunking option to an existing R-2001D .

The question I have is where does the RF output connector from the trunking option card go to ?

This is from the control channel generator on the card and you would think it would get switched or combined into one of the RF output connectors ...duplex output ?

Service manual for the R2001D ( which appears to be missing tons of info ) does not seem to indicate where this ends up.

Maybe there is a customer RF module for use with the trunking option ?

Sounds like this upgrade is not just as trivial as moving a card from a scrapped unit.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: motorola r2001D trunking option upgrade

Post by DJP126 »

There is a three port circulator (combiner) that mounts on the left side panel. The output of the option board & the duplex generator output (from the A17 module) connect to it and the output goes goes to the duplex generator output of the front panel (mounted through the A17). Therefore you will need two cables to replace the duplex gen output. One to the combiner & one to the output port. The combiner is about 1/2" thick and 2" square.

You are also going to require the proper A17 for the trunking board that you have. If you have the trunking option that does type I and type II trunking, the A17 has a different duplex generator board. Also the firmware on the processor and trunking board (and any other option you might have in it) must be compatible. Finally the processor board must be the type with a five pin DIN cable for the printer. The printer port would be on the units right side just behind the handle.
Dave
jry

Post by jry »

Thanks ..about what I thought.
The firmware was April 88 ...think the last was Sept 88 ?
It does have the printer port ...not sure about the duplex option ...enhanced duplex gen for 900 needed ?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

jry wrote:Thanks ..about what I thought.
The firmware was April 88 ...think the last was Sept 88 ?
It does have the printer port ...not sure about the duplex option ...enhanced duplex gen for 900 needed ?

Yes it is. See if you can set a 39 MHz offset.
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”