Motorola 220 Radios

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KA9QJGDON
New User

Motorola 220 Radios

Post by KA9QJGDON »

Hello Hope Everyones is Well , I have been looking for some Motorola 220 gear since I lost my GP-300 220 Ht. I saw advertised a HT and Mobile and ask the Question about Programing them to the US Ham Bands 223-225 without any hardware hack or loss of Rec or Xmit Below is the Answer Can anyone Verify if this is correct

Thanks Don KA9QJG

Dear ka9qjg,

Yes, the radio both MCS2000 and MTS2000 can be programmed into US Ham Band 223-225MHz without any hardware modes or reduces power or receive. Remember that the radio model is M01MHL9 or H01NDF9. Number 9 means Programmable Channel Spacing. You can use these radios for commercial and amateur application.

The programming needs RIB box, and the software is Wookie R02.01. I don't include the software, but you can order the software separately.

Regards
ka8ypy

Re: Motorola 220 Radios

Post by ka8ypy »

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”