MTX 9000 Convert to MTS 2000?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eddiev
New User

MTX 9000 Convert to MTS 2000?

Post by eddiev »

Hello All!

I have a MTX9000 (Model: H01WCF4DB5AN) "B5" radio and would like to convert it to a B7 or is it possible with this model to convert it to a C7 MTS2000? I keep seeing posts and instructions on converting a B5 or B7 to a MTS2000 (C7) but not sure if I can do it or should even try it. I have a new case with full keypad to replace the 6 button on it now. If you can convert it to a MTS2000 C7, can someone send me a codeplug for that? I cannot seem to locate one in the sources I have found on the board.

If starting with a new (from scratch) codeplug for a C7, is there a specific model # of the MTS series you would need to use to setup the plug up from? I saw all the articles about the feature setting but wondered if there was something specific as far as model #'s go.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Ed
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: MTX 9000 Convert to MTS 2000?

Post by n7maq »

eddiev wrote:Hello All!

I have a MTX9000 (Model: H01WCF4DB5AN) "B5" radio and would like to convert it to a B7 or is it possible with this model to convert it to a C7 MTS2000? I keep seeing posts and instructions on converting a B5 or B7 to a MTS2000 (C7) but not sure if I can do it or should even try it. I have a new case with full keypad to replace the 6 button on it now. If you can convert it to a MTS2000 C7, can someone send me a codeplug for that? I cannot seem to locate one in the sources I have found on the board.

If starting with a new (from scratch) codeplug for a C7, is there a specific model # of the MTS series you would need to use to setup the plug up from? I saw all the articles about the feature setting but wondered if there was something specific as far as model #'s go.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Ed

Ed,

You can convert the radio to a full keypad with the correct archive, or srecord and or the correct level of RSS. On the MTS2000 I don't think you will gain any usable features if you go to an MTS2000 as the low firmware rev will restrict most of the advanced features of the MTS. I may be wrong, and if I am some please correct me.

Jim
eddiev
New User

Post by eddiev »

Can anyone send me an archive for the MTX9000 900 B7 radio please? I would appreciate it. I think I'll forget about the MTS2000 conversion.

Thanks!
Ed
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

about the only thing you gain is priority monitor on trunking systems, Smartnet II features, failsoft by talkgroup- but nothing spectacular.
Just remember that any change will overwrite tuning information, especially an S-record push, so a complete re-align and tune will be needed if you want the radio to work to spec.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

You also gain windows CPS programability. This could be a huge advantage depending on one's programming set up
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

CTAMontrose wrote:You also gain windows CPS programability. This could be a huge advantage depending on one's programming set up

Windows CPS and old F/W will not work well a lot of the time.
eddiev
New User

Post by eddiev »

I think I am good on the setup for programming I have right right now using the older ways. The CPS stuff interesting but not quite ready for those challenges yet..... Does anyone have a codeplug for H01WCH4DB7AN ?

Thanks again everyone!

Ed

Return to “Radio Programming”