HELP! NO RX AUDIO ON XTS3000??

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

themedic66

HELP! NO RX AUDIO ON XTS3000??

Post by themedic66 »

SO a recently acquired XTS3000 M3 radio that was reprogrammed to our channel config is not playing rx audio.

For instance on all the simplex conventional/analog freqs, the XTS300's red light just blinks which indicates that it is picking up some traffic but no audio. However, when I push the squelch button, the rx audio is played through the speaker and all works fine. OR if select an simplex freq and transmit on it, i'm able to hear immediate responses to me on that freq but after a few minutes, no rx audio unless i press the squelch button.

Specs on radio is Firmware 07.71.00, DSP N08.03.03, Flash 540008-000000-7

FIY, the rx and tx freqs and pl tones are the same. Also, all the conventional/repeated channels and P-25 channels tx and rx perfectly, it's just the simplex rx that is not working...any ideas??

ALSO, on the same radio, if radio lock is selected, the field to enter the power-on password stays gray and you can't input a password???
"It's all in a days' work"--LAPD/LAFD
mr.syntrx

Re: HELP! NO RX AUDIO ON XTS3000??

Post by mr.syntrx »

What do you have Rx Unmute Rule set to?

What's Unmute/Mute Type set to?

Do you have MDC1200 or any other signalling enabled? If so, for the personalities you're having trouble with what's Unmute Type set to?
d119

Re: HELP! NO RX AUDIO ON XTS3000??

Post by d119 »

I agree. Your MDC sel-call settings are likely set to AND instead of OR... And if it's a digital personality, you likely have selective squelch enabled. Programming issue FOR SURE, not a hardware problem.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”