MOTOTRBO Repeaters in Mixed Mode

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w0en
New User

MOTOTRBO Repeaters in Mixed Mode

Post by w0en »

I am overseeing 10 XPR8300 Repeaters (circa 2008) + 1 new Vertex R70D (going in this week). Six are analog NB already, two are analog WB with Zetron 48-MAX phone patches/controllers and 2 are MOTOTRBO digital. The Motorolas are all Firmware version 1.06 so from my research should do Mixed Mode. Are there any repeater performance issues running them in mixed mode versus pure analog or pure digital? At present all channels are either all Analog or Digital subscriber radio inputs but not both. My interest at this time is purely about options if I need to do a slow migration to digital. Phone patches are the holdup. Different departments use different repeaters, some need to interoperate. I am not a Moto servicer/programmer or own CPS software so all this would come with a cost to my company. I don't want to lose the present performance of the machines but they are all dusty/dirty internally and need a good preventive maintenance cleaning & operational check visit from a service company anyway. So while that needs to happen soon I am wondering if I can add the Mixed Mode operation option to the machines without causing any issues for the present subscribers running all A or all D at present.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: MOTOTRBO Repeaters in Mixed Mode

Post by escomm »

Biggest issue with mixed mode is hangtime. XPRs cannot have a hang time (actually it's the SIT) of less than 1000ms (maybe 500s?) and this will keep the channel active after a dekey.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”