Vertex VXD-R70 Mixed Mode

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pump3

Vertex VXD-R70 Mixed Mode

Post by Pump3 »

http://www.discounttwo-wayradio.com/VXD-R70

"The VXD Series can also be used with any existing analog two-way radios providing an easy transition to new equipment for maximum return on investment. Available in UHF and VHF frequency bands, the VXD Series repeaters utilize dynamic mixed mode which automatically switches between analog and digital mode"

Well my VXD-R70 arrived today, and I don't see any mixed mode capability in the Vertex CPS unless i'm missing something?

Thoughts?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Vertex VXD-R70 Mixed Mode

Post by escomm »

Perhaps a software upgrade like mixed mode on the XPR/MTR ??
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yeah, it's a pay feature in the Motorola repeaters, so it likely follows for Vertex as well.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

I was thinking the same but I see no "Features" menu like in the Mototrbo CPS or option to activate features....
w0en
New User

Post by w0en »

Pump3 wrote:I was thinking the same but I see no "Features" menu like in the Mototrbo CPS or option to activate features....
My company just acquired one of these repeaters as a replacement for an older RKR1225. We already have several XPR8300s. The last time the Motorola service person was in plant he attempted to read the codeplug on the Vertex VXD-R70 with the Moto CPS without success. What is the part number on the Vertex software for this. Visiting the Vertex website seems to offer no information on this. We own the MOTOTRBO CPS but will need to access this repeater to narrowband it someday soon. I assume the XPR8300 repeater programming cable we already have should work on this. I don't have any issues with buying a copy of this Vertex software for the one machine if I knew the part number and best way to obtain the software through Vertex.
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

As far as I can tell theres no actual part number like the Motorola CPS has, it just comes up as "Vertex Standard Clone Editor" as a Vertex dealer all the software is provided to us free of charge, but I don't know about selling it or providing copies to customers, no ones ever asked for it before.... I could inquire if you like....I imagine if you contact Vertex directly all they will do is put you in contact with a local dealer

and yes, same programming cable

RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Version 1.0.

Good luck.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”