Spectra A discriminator help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Kenneth Jensen

Spectra A discriminator help

Post by Kenneth Jensen »

I hope i can get a little help about discriminator output on an spectrta A - 45 watt.
I know that ground is pin 8 and audio 11 on the 15 pin conn. - but it does not work - it is set up proper in rss.
I after found out on repeater builder page that it also needs an DC blocking capacitor ??
If that is correct - where - value of it and how to make it right ?
Kenneth Jensen

Re: Spectra A discriminator help

Post by Kenneth Jensen »

I REALLY hope someone will help me here...........
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

The value of the DC blocking cap will partially depend on how your going to use the audio. In the past I have found using a 1.0 uf cap works for most applications. I tend to use a disc cap that is non polarized. They are easy to find and easy to use.

If you don't put a cap in series with the audio, the DC bias on that line might get pulled down low and you will not get much audio out at all for the normal functioning of the radio audio.
Kenneth Jensen

Post by Kenneth Jensen »

Thank you so much - i will try
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Did you ever solve your audio problem?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”