Astro Saber front shield re-asembly?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

Astro Saber front shield re-asembly?

Post by JRUTA »

Trying to re-install the front shield on my AS3, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong: the plastic tabs are intact at the bottom of the shield, but I cant seem to get it to fit snug/slide on properly at the top of the radios frame. Is this normal? Or am i missing something? Does it "lock-in" at the top of the frame? Or just held together via compression?

Thanks
John
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Re: Astro Saber front shield re-asembly?

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

As I remember the top has to slide under the top first. I could be wrong, but I havn't worked on one in while.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

As best I can recall, although the tabs do sort of hold the shield in the chassis they don't do a very good job, especially if you were to stand up the uncased radio on its bottom. You would get the feeling that the shield might fall off at any time. I can remember just laying the shield in place with the radio on its back and the shield "sort of" retained by the tabs, and then sliding the case onto the radio. I know it sounds crazy but since you're having the same problems I did with this I understand what you're saying and that you're on the right track.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

Post by JRUTA »

Thanks guys,
Yup, seems thats the general concensus. It just sort of lays against the frame (at the top) Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. Yeah- the bottom tabs barely hold it in place. Lol

John

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”