Maxtrac PTT Pin 3 Help?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eddiev
New User

Maxtrac PTT Pin 3 Help?

Post by eddiev »

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone may be able to help me troubleshoot a problem I caused... :S

I am in the process of setting up a 900 Repeater using two Maxtrac 900 Radios, a R.I.C.K and CW-IDer.

Well, I screwed up and put about 4 VDC from my CW-IDer into my PTT pin 3 on the RICK Accessory plug and now I cannot get the RX Maxtrac to key the TX Maxtrac as it was doing before I did this by accident.

Luckily I had a converted 800 Conventional to 900 Receiver to test and make sure the RICK wasn't messed up and it works fine with that radio as a receiver. I am guessing I fried something in the 900 MAXTRAC receiving radio. Anyone have any ideas of where and what I could check in the bad radio? Hopefully there is some diode I can replace. Just not sure where or what since I have no service manual for the MAXTRACs and rather new when it comes to setting them up as a repeater..... Obviously.... Ugh!

Thanks for any help!

Ed

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”