TDD 6740A Motorola Antenna

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB6DGN

TDD 6740A Motorola Antenna

Post by WB6DGN »

I happened across the above antenna, apparently NOS, still in its factory sealed shipping container. There was no information on the outside of the container except the above part number and, at this point, I do not want to open the container until I determine some basics such as the type of antenna, gain, etc. I assume the band is VHF because of the "D" in the part number. Does anyone have further information on this antenna? I've tried web searches, Access Point and a couple suppliers with no success whatsoever. Anybody got any information? Your help would be much appreciated.
Tom DGN
RFguy

Re: TDD 6740A Motorola Antenna

Post by RFguy »

Is this a 12' long base station antenna?

On page 23 (75) of this PDF, it shows a TDD-6740A as a 4-element, VHF, 155-165 MHz antenna. Looks like a DB Products, but others may ID it more accuratly.

http://148.206.53.231/UAM7377.PDF
WB6DGN

Re: TDD 6740A Motorola Antenna

Post by WB6DGN »

Hi RF,
That's the critter. I downloaded the spec. sheet and it gives me everything I needed to know. Think I'm going to pass on it. Just don't have the tools any more to do a decent job modifying the dipoles. If anybody is interested, email me and I'll pass you along to the owner. Not sure what he'd ask for it, our deal involved more than a simple purchase or trade, but he's usually very fair on his prices. Probably best for a NE Ohio local as shipping might squelch the deal. Many thanks to "RF" for the information.
Tom DGN

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”