Cdm Un programmed

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firemedic4

Cdm Un programmed

Post by firemedic4 »

I have a cdm 1250 low band that was sitting around for 2 yrs, i went to power it up and the channel came up then it powered it self off and come back on as un programmed ? I went to read the radio and it can't ? anyone else have this problem ? thanks
Jim202

Re: Cdm Un programmed

Post by Jim202 »

firemedic4 wrote:I have a cdm 1250 low band that was sitting around for 2 yrs, i went to power it up and the channel came up then it powered it self off and come back on as un programmed ? I went to read the radio and it can't ? anyone else have this problem ? thanks

Your not being very descriptive of what happens when you try to read the radio with the Motorola software.

It may be an issue of the radio was programmed with a newer version of the software than what you have.

It could be the radio has a problem and can't be read.

You need to provide more details on what happens when you try to read the radio with the software. The messages that show up on your computer are what will help to solve your problem.

Jim
firemedic4

Post by firemedic4 »

The radio used to have all my channels in it then it Power cycled and now comes up Unprogrammed. I tired to read and wirte the radio and i get an error message can not find com port.
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

Does it respond to input from the keypad? Try changing zones.

How are you trying to read the radio...Ribless cable, RIB with cable to mic, RIB with cable to accessory connector? Can you read other radios?

Jay
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Are you by any chance using a Win 7 64 bit computer and version R06.12.04 or older of the CPS?

If you programmed it a couple of years ago, you may have been using an older PC.

You need to resolve the comm port error before you go any further. If the computer can't properly address the cable, there is no way to see the radio in the software.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”