110w Astro Spectra Power Cable Polarity

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

110w Astro Spectra Power Cable Polarity

Post by WV8VFD »

Dont have a power cable quite yet. Just for testing purposes, looking at the radio, top up, what is the polarity on the power connector?

Thanks
Tyler Lewis
maxkelley_kc2spy
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K-Q, ASpectra, MT2K

Re: 110w Astro Spectra Power Cable Polarity

Post by maxkelley_kc2spy »

I don't have one, but... here's a good tip that comes in handy if you don't know it. Take your multimeter, put it on the continuity setting, and put one probe of the multimeter on a bare part of the chassis or a shield (a known chassis ground), and then the other probe goes to the power connector. Find the one that has continuity... that one's your ground. The other one is... not your ground, or as humans would say, your positive input :)
Max Kelley KC2SPY
http://www.maxkelley.com
MT2000 VHF & UHF A7, Visar UHF, ASII UHF, Maratrac UHF, Astro Spectra UHF, MCS2KIII 900, XTS2.5K-Q
wx4cbh

Post by wx4cbh »

The one on the "outside" with the flat profile on one side is the NEGATIVE pole, the round one on the "inside" is the POSITIVE pole.
curmudgeon.....and I like it.
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Post by WV8VFD »

Alrighty, Thanks guys. SPY, I'll keep that in mind.
Tyler Lewis

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”