MTX9000 Questions

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n9wys
What radios do you own?: Too many to list! :-)

MTX9000 Questions

Post by n9wys »

OK, so I bought one of these... full keypad, and already programmed to the Amateur band.

So I've played with it for several hours, but it is not programmed for anything in my area. So I went in and changed some of the Modes. I also want to change the button and switch operations. Problem is, some things worked as planned, and others did not.

In the end, I only want 2 Zones, but I'll program the second one in when I'm more familiar with the RSS... so for now, I only have one Zone. 9 Modes total... Nothing special to start with. Zone 1 will be my local repeaters and simplex. Zone 2 will be the repeater pairs with MPL programmed - for travel.

The first five Modes go in just fine. (One Simplex and four repeaters with T/A enabled.) Four other modes were also repeaters and were SUPPOSED to have T/A enabled. But what happened is they show on the display as T/A only. The T/A toggle (middle side button) I programmed works fine on those four repeaters, but not the last four. Also, the "A-B-C" switch will not take the changes I want to make. So I check the RSS - yep, showing three frequency entries, and the middle freq is the repeater input. "A-B-C" switch does not change programming, though. Hmmmmm.... So now I'm in a quandary.

OK, what am I doing wrong? Is there a link somewhere to the RSS manual? I'm using MTSX RSS R06.08.00...... I'd like to have this ready for Dayton.

Many thanks.
Mark - N9WYS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”