SJ OPT-1225-PP board for P1225

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sataraid1

SJ OPT-1225-PP board for P1225

Post by sataraid1 »

I recently picked up one of these very inexpensively with the hopes of expanding the conventional channel limit on my P1225 ( display+keypad model). Unfortunately, it didn't come with any kind of instruction or information sheet.

I have the P1225 service manual with instructions on how to get a board installed, so I should be able to handle that. But once I get it in there, lots of questions. And I'm definitely not opening up the radio until I'm sure I can make this work and understand the process.

Does anyone have documentation for this board, detailing what I need to do to get it operational, or hands-on experience?

Also, once the board is installed, is the SJ programming software all that's required? Can it still be obtained from SJ without breaking the bank?

Any help, information, or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
sataraid1

Re: SJ OPT-1225-PP board for P1225

Post by sataraid1 »

Even if I can't get specific installation or programming assistance, can someone at least confirm my understanding of the description as written on Batlabs?

If I can get it installed and programmed, this card will allow me to have more than 16 conventional, non-trunking modes in the radio?

If this project falls apart, I'm not out much, as I only spent $15 on the card. But as much as I like the performance of the radio, it would be great to be able to expand past the 16 mode limit.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Yes, it simply installs in the radio, in your case in place of the keypad board. You just install it, then there are some settings in the p1225 rss to turn on the option board. Then you will need the SJ software to program it. Its been a long long time, but it was pretty simple and it did allow both LTR and conventional modes to be added using the SJ software.
sataraid1

Post by sataraid1 »

Thanks for the clarification. At least now I know I haven't fundamentally misunderstood what the board is capable of.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

You can call Morgan Johnson in Florida and see if they still have the software available.

407-645-5093

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”