Two tone encoding problems

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

davidland
New User

Two tone encoding problems

Post by davidland »

Hi,

We are having a problem with our two tone encoder. We have a Zetron model 25 encoder, that goes into a dispatch console and another radio, not sure of the models. The dispatch console is used for our digital system the other radio is on a UHF frequency. We have five of the federal signal informers in our stations. For some unknown reason this setup doesn't work. When our radio guy trouble shoots it, they can make it work by unplugging the cable to the UHF radio and reinsert it. Then the next morning it will not work! We have a few portables that we use the listen to the paging frequency. When we listen to the encoder send the two tones its working but the next morning the modulation is very low on the paging frequency but on the digital system the tones sound fine. The radio guys are running out of things to check. I'm not a radio person, are we missing something. Last week they thought it was a broken wire on the pins on the UHF radio they fixed that and next morning at radio check nothing. Can a Zetron model 25 be connected to two radios at the same time? I don't believe it’s the federal signal informers but I'm open to anything now. Please any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”