xts4000 antenna thread

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

asmitty0010

xts4000 antenna thread

Post by asmitty0010 »

looking for anybody with information about the threads on the antenna connector on the xts4000. Does an aftermarket adapter exist for this application? I use this unit mobile in a vehicle where space is EXTREMELY limited (or i'd use a 5k or 2500). Just really wish I could connect an external antenna to improve reception.

I am willing to rig up something if no coax adapter is available. Anybody ever try something similer with their 4K?

Regards,

Alex
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: xts4000 antenna thread

Post by escomm »

Item Number. NNTN7153A

SMA Conversion RF Adapter

$27.30
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

I have that adapter. It plugs into the small hole on the backside of the radio underneath the battery. I think its primary use is as an aid when aligning the radio. The battery has to be off the radio and the radio needs to be sitting in a test jig (there is a part # for this) or set up with power clips to the exposed power leads (as I did when I aligned my radio).

To my knowledge there are no alternatives to pipe RF through the external antenna connector. I have found, on my UHF XTS4000, that once the radio was aligned it hears just as well as my APX or any of my XTS handhelds. Transmit coverage is a little less but that is to be expected with lower power. Overall I find its performance to be remarkable for what is. Of course this is just my own experience. Others may have a different take on it.

Marshall
escomm wrote:Item Number. NNTN7153A

SMA Conversion RF Adapter

$27.30
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Hmmm, price pages labeled it as an RF adapter. I guess that's not really the case.
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

Hi Jeff. It is an RF adapter but the only time you would use it is during testing/alignment. MP
escomm wrote:Hmmm, price pages labeled it as an RF adapter. I guess that's not really the case.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”