No audio on APX Speaker Mic PMMN4062A

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dxon2m

No audio on APX Speaker Mic PMMN4062A

Post by dxon2m »

Hey everyone,

I got a PMMN4062A (non-display) speaker mic for my APX7000 M3 that has zero audio output. PTT, emergency button works, but just no audio on the speaker at all. I checked the radio profile to make sure audio is routed to both internal speakers (not muted), but still no luck. Is there other settings I should check?

Thanks
Dennis
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: No audio on APX Speaker Mic PMMN4062A

Post by escomm »

Does it work on other radios? Do you have a 3.5mm rx only earpiece to plug into the jack? Do you have any other speaker mics that do work OK on this particular radio?
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

I had an APX/TRBO mic with the same problem, and it was from Motorola. I found the exact same unit (not Motorola) on eBay for $15.00, which I bought, and when it arrived I switched the front escutcheon which fit perfectly on the cheap mic. Problem solved. I've heard this same complaint from others as well, so maybe it was a bad batch of mics.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

I tried plugging in the 3.5mm earpiece to the mic, no audio coming over either. I don't have another audio accessory to play with.

Tom can you send me a link of the mic you bought?

Thanks
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

I have seen APX7000 radios (tag-less units normally) that have no audio to the side jack. I've changed the expansion board and this fixes it. It also can happen if the expansion board is not seated all the way.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”