Motorola MC2100 RF power problems

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HA5BRG
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola Syntor X9000 SP04/06

Motorola MC2100 RF power problems

Post by HA5BRG »

Hello everyone! I bought an MC2100 radio with full DTMF keypad and 2 line display on the radio itself. The radio is a VHF version, MODEL: M01KHN9AN8AN, TYPE: MR304A. I can read the codeplug successfully, I can edit and write the codeplug back without problems. The radio transmitts and receives fine on HAM bands too. But there is some problem with the RF power output levels. It "stuck" on 25W using "HIGH" power level and at 0,5W on "LOW" power level. The "MID" is 1,5W.

I have tried to edit the power levels, using the RSS program. It seemed that the program successfully modified and saves the new power levels, but the RSS didn't send the new data into the radio. I have tried several RSS, several computers and several MC2100 radios. Still no use. All of the radios power level "stuck" on the formerly adjusted power levels.

My local Motorola dealer can not help. They don't deal with this type.

What can I do? 25 watts are way too much for HAM usage and 1 watts are way too low.........

Please help me!

73 DX
HA5BRG

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”