Spectra phone style handset connectors

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

m109a3
New User

Spectra phone style handset connectors

Post by m109a3 »

Hello I have a build I'm doing for a military truck install 2 heads A9000 spectra 1 radio.
on the rear head I'd like to use a handset. I have the standard spectra mic end , then there are a2 more plugs ? on the other cable from the handset.

What are the other 2 plugs ? one is green and orange with a 2 pin connector and the other is a red and brown. with a connector and is opposite of the other connector.

There is a switch on this on the cradle might someone know what that does aswell.

thanks for the help .
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Re: Spectra phone style handset connectors

Post by Code3 »

Sounds like the speaker in/out connectors. Are they the same style connector as the spectra speaker? The spectra does not provide handset audio on the mic connector. Usually the switch on the handset controls the muting of the external speaker when the handset is picked up.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

I think you're talking about the transit style handset with hangup cup and speaker switch. The two plugs intercept the speaker wire. One plugs into the control cable, and the other to the speaker. That why the plastic is sexed the way it is. However, they are not necessarily long enough to get to where you want to go.
Will

Post by Will »

Unfortunately Motorola did not include Earphone/handset audio in the Mic jack on Spectras. So that is the other connectors to hook into the speaker line for handset audio.

It is a bad idea to get handset audio from the Spectra speaker lines, bad pop due to the bridge audio amp in the earphone.

A small 600 to 600 ohm transformer helps get rid of the pop and DC in the handset line.
m109a3
New User

Post by m109a3 »

where would i place the 600 to 600 transformer ?
Will

Post by Will »

The transformer would be in the speaker line going to the handset earpiece.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”