IP223 to APX7500 Mobile/Consolette?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc0czi
New User

IP223 to APX7500 Mobile/Consolette?

Post by kc0czi »

Have an existing C-Soft implementation on a command vehicle with mostly conventional analog devices, mobile radios. New P25 Ph1 system coming online soon, and now need to have console integration into that system. We were provided an APX7500 mobile - but I'm concerned that the mobile won't support console integration to our existing IP223 interface units. I've not ever worked with the consolette systems - but it appears they have tone-remote control capabilities. Can anyone provide some 'been there, done that' experiences? If I need to request a consolette for the vehicle, I need to do that sooner than later...
Jim202

Re: IP223 to APX7500 Mobile/Consolette?

Post by Jim202 »

kc0czi wrote:Have an existing C-Soft implementation on a command vehicle with mostly conventional analog devices, mobile radios. New P25 Ph1 system coming online soon, and now need to have console integration into that system. We were provided an APX7500 mobile - but I'm concerned that the mobile won't support console integration to our existing IP223 interface units. I've not ever worked with the consolette systems - but it appears they have tone-remote control capabilities. Can anyone provide some 'been there, done that' experiences? If I need to request a consolette for the vehicle, I need to do that sooner than later...

I guess I need to ask what functions / features are you looking for that you think the mobile won't provide? A consolette is just a control board with the APX mobile installed inside it. There is most of the connection and control available on the accessory connector of the radio. If your looking for a digital stream of data coming from either of the radio packages, you need to be somewhat careful of what your looking to do.

One of the steps you might want to do is to go on the MOL site and download the manuals available there for the APX radios and consolette. You might also want to sit down with your radio techs and have a good discussion on what your trying to do.

Jim
kc0czi
New User

Post by kc0czi »

GM Jim,

We want to be able to control the radio talkgroup selection, and control PTT logic and audio from the C-Soft console (remotely). All of our existing radio units are installed in a rack. Getting up from the operator positions to change a talkgroup or communicate is not desireable.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

If you want to change modes (channels), then you need the consolette with tone control capability. The IP223 will gen the correct tones for eight modes. I'll have to look it up to be sure how many tones it can produce. But, you should get the consolette on order. Otherwise, you need a mobile for each talkgroup you need, and an IP223 port for each mobile (two per IP223) to do local (hardware) control.
kc0czi
New User

Post by kc0czi »

Thanks Bill -

That's exactly what I was under the impression I was up against. When looking over the manuals.... it didn't appear I could do the level of integration needed with just the mobile, but hadn't ever worked with a consolette... just wanting to confirm. Looks like the IP223 can do 10 tones (Tbl 17 of IP223 Manual).
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Now you need to read the APX book to see how many modes can be programmed for tone control. Hopefully, at least 10. Then you get to do the math on how many radios / IP223 combinations you need to cover every talkgroup required.
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Post by radioinstl »

TRC is 16 channels on the 7500 consolette
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

There we go. The APX consolette will match the ten modes the Telex can do. Now, let's hope he doesn't need eleventyhundred talkgroups. Someplace around here I have a photo of a rack I built recently with 30 APX mobiles and 16 Avtec Outposts - Avtec's roip product that go head to head with the Telex IP223. Two 40a supplies, two DC distribution panels, a big ground bar, a dbSpectra base station combiner, and a whole lotta wire. The customer wanted a discrete radio for each resource. It really looked cool when It was done.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”