GM340 TX voice out

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

balazsp318i
New User

GM340 TX voice out

Post by balazsp318i »

Dear Everyone,

I need some help to configure my GM340 radio accessory connection to a recorder.

Currently I use the rear connectors PIN 7 GND and PIN 11 FLAT/FILTERED RX AUDIO to the recorder, this is working fine. I am able to record te RX voice. :)

But, for the TX it is not working, I tried to use the PIN 5 FLAT TX, it seems nothing is on that pin.

Can someone help me?
I am able to use the CPS so I can make changes if its need!

Thx:Peter
Al

Re: GM340 TX voice out

Post by Al »

Peter,
Flat tx audio is an input only to the GM340. There will be no tx audio output on this pin. There are only two ways to record both tx and rx audio: method 1 - use an audio hybrid to combine the rx audio from pin 11 and tx audio from another suitable point in the tx audio chain to combine both tx and rx audio while providing isolation between the rx and tx audio. You would then feed the hybrid output to your recorder. Method 2 - use a second radio(GM340 or scanner) to monitor both your tx and rx frequencies and feed the second receiver output to your recorder.
balazsp318i
New User

Post by balazsp318i »

dear Al,

thx a lot for your answer.

for hybrid version what you suggest, it is needed an additional hardware or it can be done by setting with CPS?

Peter
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

if you've got a strong source listen to, i'd just commit the scanner to it. Listen to TX & RX...save the mobile for something else.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
Al

Post by Al »

If you choose to use a hybrid, Peter, you will need to purchase or construct additional hardware to implement that. The GM340 does not have the hardware builtin to allow what you wish.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”