Motorola SM 120 channel buttons

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

The_Kid
New User
What radios do you own?: MT1000, HT1000

Motorola SM 120 channel buttons

Post by The_Kid »

Hi, I have a SM120 and the channel selector buttons and scan buttons are hard to press or sometimes they dont even work. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help or info,
Marc
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: Motorola SM 120 channel buttons

Post by KG4INW »

You might be able to carefully disassemble the head and clean the underside of the buttons, not using any water, of course. There's probably a buildup of crud under there if the radios well used. Other than that, perhaps a new head would be needed.
Al

Post by Al »

If the back of the buttons(where they contact the small PCB) has lost its conductive coating through age and use you can repair the coating by applying new coating from a repair kit available from at least two suppliers of circuit board repair kits.
The_Kid
New User
What radios do you own?: MT1000, HT1000

Post by The_Kid »

Thank you for the replies and ideas. I will try cleaning the contacts first and if that doesn't work I will try some of that conductive coating.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”