XTS2500I and voice files

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

XTS2500I and voice files

Post by arlojanis »

I added a channel to a XTS2500I and went to write the radio. I got the error message mismatch between voice file in codeplug and in radio. Read/write option disabled. What caused this and how do I correct it?
"The world runs on radio."
jpu535

Re: XTS2500I and voice files

Post by jpu535 »

Check your software and make sure that the channel announcement options are checked in the View---Options---Channel Announcement tab then try again.
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

Do I check all three options listed? Do I check these before using the software?
"The world runs on radio."
jpu535

Post by jpu535 »

You want to check the top two choices in the top box and leave the third one blank. Then in the bottom box check that choice.

Then close the software, wait a few seconds then start it again. You should be all set at that point.

One down side to the voice announcements is that the more files you have in the radio the longer it will take to read and write to that radio. The real pain is when you try to exit the code plug when you click on the "X" in the upper right corner, the software takes forever to dump the voice files and close the code plug. I have radios with 3 zones and all 16 channels in the three zones have voice files and the software takes 3 minutes and 45 seconds to close before I can open another code plug or read another radio.

The help files say that if you are not constantly changing voice files then you can uncheck the options in the software and that speeds up the times but all I get is a mismatched voice file error, same as you were getting.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”