saber ii vhf issues

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Batman
What radios do you own?: JT1000, Spectras, CB-555, 540

saber ii vhf issues

Post by Batman »

2 won't read write but otherwise so far as i can tell function fine no error codes other than serial bus communication error when trying to read or write. 3rd has no tx audio but reads and writes fine.

simple fix?

forgive all the saber questions as i haven't played with these in years and am back to newbie status as i have forgotten much on these.

i have also attempted a search for answers before asking these questions.
Thank You,

Robert
vhacmowilmob
New User
What radios do you own?: Sabers and Maxtracs

Re: saber ii vhf issues

Post by vhacmowilmob »

The one with no TX audio: Check the small ribbon between the bottom of the front panel and the main PCB (make sure it's connected, remove it and clean the pins, etc)

I have had one that liked to work loose over time...
Batman

Post by Batman »

turns out it was a secure without a bypass or secure module. took module from radio that wont read/write and it started working.
Thank You,

Robert
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Batman wrote:2 won't read write but otherwise so far as i can tell function fine no error codes other than serial bus communication error when trying to read or write. 3rd has no tx audio but reads and writes fine.

simple fix?
Dumb question time, did you try cleaning the contacts on the two that won't read/write? Also try an external speaker/mic.
Dave
Batman

Post by Batman »

Batman wrote:turns out it was a secure without a bypass or secure module. took module from radio that wont read/write and it started working.
Thank You,

Robert

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”