Using a Maxtrac with HLN9376A DTMF Board to Control Repeater

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Using a Maxtrac with HLN9376A DTMF Board to Control Repeater

Post by Mikey »

I am trying to make a bi-directional Crossband repeater using 2 maxtracs and a RICK. In one of the maxtracs i have a Internal HLN9376A DTMF decoder board and i would like to use the output of that to control the ignition sense of the 2nd Maxtrac so i can send a DTMF command and have the 1st maxtrac bring up or knock down the 2nd Maxtrac. My only problem is i see the Horn Alert as only being about a 5 second latch. Is there any way i can send one dtmf command to latch the output and another to unlatch it??? I thought there was a option to do this using a rick back in the early days of the rick??? Help!!

Mike
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Re: Using a Maxtrac with HLN9376A DTMF Board to Control Repe

Post by PETNRDX »

If it is a real Motorola RICK then it was made for remote "set up / Knock down" using the Ext Alarm pin 4 of the "RX" radio.
There is a lot of settings to get that right, and I recommend you get a copy of the RICK manual.
I am not familiar with the DTMF board, but I will guess that it can only decode one DTMF string.
So, I would think the best you are going to be able to do is have one of the radios ( with the DTMF ) be the one to set up and knock down the repeater.
And my guess is that it will be send the correct DTMF digits to set up. Then send the same digits again to knock down.
Steve K.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”