M1225 Audio Issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

efenstermaker
New User

M1225 Audio Issue

Post by efenstermaker »

I recently placed an M1225 in service as a base station at one of my remote fire stations. The radio came out of a vehicle and was working fine. I narrow banded the radio prior to removing it from the vehicle. I plugged it into the power supply the was already there, as we used a gm300 prior to the narrow banding. Now the radio does not have any RX audio. I can't figure this one out. Its probably something stupid, but I am not finding it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: M1225 Audio Issue

Post by Tom in D.C. »

I can't tell you exactly how to remedy the lack of audio but I can tell you what happened. Odds are that in the
vehicle the radio was set up for a remote speaker and the internal speaker was disabled. This is done via the
multipin connector on the back of the 1225. Someone will chime in here to tell you exactly how to fix this but in
the meantime don't worry because the probability is that the radio is okay and just needs an adjustment to put
the audio on the internal speaker.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Will

Post by Will »

Yup, check your 16 pin accessory connector on the back of the radio for the jumper plug.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
KG4LHQ

Post by KG4LHQ »

Yep your right its something stupid

Check accessory port on the back.
llu727

Post by llu727 »

There is no external jumper required for interior speaker on an M1225.
If it was using an external speaker in the vehicle, the interior speaker is probably bad or unplugged.
Simple to check, pop the knob and the lid and follow the speaker leads and see if it is plugged in.
IIRC, it plugs in somewhere to the right of the volume control - small white connector on the board.

BJ

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”