CM200 Flat TX Audio Input Not Working

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nmz
New User

CM200 Flat TX Audio Input Not Working

Post by nmz »

Hi, I'm using a pair of CM200 mobile radios as a portable repeater. I've wired the appropriate outputs from the Accessory Connector to the controller and have good receive audio, COR and PTT but no TX audio coming out of the transmitter. I'm attempting to use pin 5 which is supposed to be Flat_TX_Audio Input. I've confirmed correct cable wiring and can see with a scope the audio at pin 5. I've set the level to about 150 mv rms. For some reason the audio does not reach the transmitter. I'm assuming that it is programming. There are multiple choices for setting the accessory connector and I've tried a few of them with no luck. Anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas? Thanks!
Will

Re: CM200 Flat TX Audio Input Not Working

Post by Will »

Most repeaters use filtered/muted audio from the receiver to the transmitter mic input.
nmz
New User

Post by nmz »

Thanks, Am I using the wrong input? Should I switch to pin 2 (External Mic Audio)? Still doesn't explain why the audio at pin 5 isn't reaching the exciter/transmitter. Any accessory connector programming experts out there?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I don't have the software in front of me to give you a step-by-step, but Pin 5 will be inactive until you go into the accessory configuration programming and change the tx audio input to 'flat TX only' or something to that affect...'filtered' and 'filtered & flat' will not work.

As Will said, there's really no need to use pin 5, unless you're trying to pass PL tones or similar. It's normally used as a data input. Pin 2 will work fine for regular voice audio from the receiver into the transmitter.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Will

Post by Will »

You will have to program pin 2, mic input, in the CPS for external PTT on pin3.
nmz
New User

Post by nmz »

Ok, switching to pin 2. Thank you to everyone who replied. This is a great resource!
Will

Post by Will »

nmz wrote:Ok, switching to pin 2. Thank you to everyone who replied. This is a great resource!
Your Welcome Sir.
ll35689k
New User

Post by ll35689k »

I am trying to do the same thing. I have external mic ptt assigned to pin 3 and pl/csq/talkgroup detect assigned to pin 8. Rx audio type is set to flat audio and hot mic source is set to accessory connector. I am still not getting any audio passed through.
Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”