Astro Spectra Headset

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bsmith487
New User

Astro Spectra Headset

Post by bsmith487 »

I am with my police department mobile command center crew and we are in the process of re-outfitting out MCV. Our current purpose is a backup e-911 center / mobile dispatch center for multiple agency operations. We currently have XTL5000 radio with a remote control head from Astro Spectra (not my choice and I cant do anything about this part). I am trying to find if there is anything on the market that can be purchased to plug into the control head to use a headset. Currently we use the hand held microphone when operating the center and it gets loud and confusing hearing multiple stations going at one time. Are there adapters out there or any headsets yall know of that would work. It would need to have a switch somewhere on the cable to activate the transmit feature. Thank you for any help you can offer.
quint 18

Re: Astro Spectra Headset

Post by quint 18 »

Take a look at David Clark Headsets they may be able to help
Will

Post by Will »

None of the commercial headsets plug in. There is no headset audio in the radio.
Got to have a headset interface and that requires changes in the radio.

But you can mickey mouse it...
kd5ual

Post by kd5ual »

David Clark should have the interface
i have one for spectra it plugs into the mike jack
wendell
Bigred
What radios do you own?: Junk that comes and goes...

Post by Bigred »

A motorcycle set-up shouldn't be too hard to port over to a nice headset. Try Setcom or PVP. Both great to work with.

Some command vehicles just cut the speaker out and use receive only headsets, palm mic to transmit.
Lots and lots of watts...
bsmith487
New User

Post by bsmith487 »

would the radiomate jackmate not work for this setup i need.
jhooten

Post by jhooten »

David Clark adapters for
Motorola | Spectra/XTL Mobile
Series Headset Model No. Headset Styles Adapter
3000 Series 3000 headsets C3021
3000 Series 3000 headsets C3019
3000 Series 3000 headsets 40380G-05
6000 Series 6000 headsets C6001
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

+1 for David Clark.

No radio mods are required. They use speaker audio, so you may want an external speaker cuttoff switch (We have used a DPDT with a resistor equal to the resistance of your external speaker to maitain headset level with the speaker switch in either position).
duncanville1
New User

Post by duncanville1 »

You might also watch eBay I have seen a few MCS handsets from Motorola NIB for sale.
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

There are handsets for this very purpose. Many tone remotes are setup with a telephone handset interface as well.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”