Charger issue with APX

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Charger issue with APX

Post by fire_master_21 »

So I have an issue with my WPLN4114AR chargers. I have 5 of them with firmware 3.4 strategically placed in places where I might be to charge batteries as needed. All of these have the adapter for being able to charge the APX battery. When I place any of my NNTN7034A batteries in the chargers it will give me a red light for about 10 min and then start flashing red. Is this related to the 3.4 firmware? I don't have any issues with charger for the APX battery with 3.9 firmware and these batteries so I know it not the batteries.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: Charger issue with APX

Post by Pj »

I haven't seen any service notes... I'm still running 3.3? and works fine for me.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter

Post by fire_master_21 »

I looked too and didn't see anything. I was hoping maybe someone else has had the issue and found a reason why. I guess I will find someone to upgrade mine to 3.9.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

No issues with my HiCap on a 3.4 charger. Try forcing the charger into conditioning mode and see if that fixes the issue.

Marshall
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter

Post by fire_master_21 »

Forcing it into reconditioning works but when it goes into the charge cycle after I get the same results.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Have you checked the battery voltage with a DVM when you get the red light? I'm thinking that the battery might be telling you that it's fully charged. If you get something like 8.4VDC on the DVM that would prove the point.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter

Post by fire_master_21 »

I haven't checked that yet but I guess its possible. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was 1 battery or 1 charger but 5 chargers and 4 batteries.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”