CM series ignores PL/DPL

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

citylink_uk

CM series ignores PL/DPL

Post by citylink_uk »

Hello all,

I have a CM series mobile that seems to ignore all programming for PL/DPL on RX.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice?

Thanks.
Rich
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CM series ignores PL/DPL

Post by SteveC0625 »

citylink_uk wrote:Hello all,

I have a CM series mobile that seems to ignore all programming for PL/DPL on RX.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice?

Thanks.
Rich
PM coming at you with my email so you can send me a copy of your codeplug. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on for and post the result here in forum.
fixanythingman72

Post by fixanythingman72 »

Rich,

Can you tell us a little more about your problem? by ignore do you mean it does not unmute? or does it unmute for everything? perhaps it is monitor when mic off hook setting?
citylink_uk

Post by citylink_uk »

fixanythingman72 wrote:Rich,

Can you tell us a little more about your problem? by ignore do you mean it does not unmute? or does it unmute for everything? perhaps it is monitor when mic off hook setting?
Basically it will unmute on any signal received, rather than unmute on receipt of the CTCSS tone. Not sure about the mic off hook setting, what is that? Thanks.
fixanythingman72

when the setting is enabled the radio will be monitoring the channel in CSQ when the mic is not hung up. try grounding the clip on the back of the mic and see if your problem goes away. I will also see if I can find were in the cps the setting is. let me know what you find out
fixanythingman72

Maybe this will help it is a general setting. Let us know if this helps.
citylink_uk

Post by citylink_uk »

fixanythingman72 wrote:when the setting is enabled the radio will be monitoring the channel in CSQ when the mic is not hung up. try grounding the clip on the back of the mic and see if your problem goes away. I will also see if I can find were in the cps the setting is. let me know what you find out
I appreciate your help. I've had a look for the Off-Hook Defeats PL setting, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I've tracked down part of the problem now. The radio is in a repeater setup (Motorola Eurobase) and is connected using a 'M1000' controller. The radio will only pass all signals when connected to the controller.

If I unplug it from the controller, it will mute CSQ and unmute on PL.

I guess I need to try and find a way of programming the controller, the limited information online suggests that may be difficult!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”