AStro Spectra HHCH info Needed

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ldanna

AStro Spectra HHCH info Needed

Post by ldanna »

Trying to get an HHCH HMN4044E working on a Astro Spectra ID # T04QLH9PW3AN-UCM. Model # T99DX+149_ASTRO Radio came without control head. Found the HHCH on Ebay with connecting cable. Radio does not power up. Is there a compatibility issue here? Radio is a HHCH radio, RSS confirms this. Do I have the correct HHCH for this radio or is there any mods to alloy it to work? Any info out there on the subject of the Astro Spectra with HHCH is appreciated

Thanks

LArry
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Re: AStro Spectra HHCH info Needed

Post by WV8VFD »

Do you have the ignition sense wire from the "Y" cable hooked to 12v?
Tyler Lewis
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Pcitures speak volumes. Post one of your setup. Then we can see if your missing something.

Jason
ldanna

Post by ldanna »

Yes 12V ignition sense is connected to 12V and I checked to make sure the fuse was good. Ill send pix shortly

Larry
ldanna

Post by ldanna »

Not sure how to post the image haven't done it before. Short how to appreciated

Larry
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Post by WV8VFD »

Upload your image to a hosting site, such as imageshack.us

copy the ""direct link" text.

In your post, click the Img button at the top of the reply screen.

Past the link from the "direct link" box in between the [img]and[/img]

Or you can use the forum code and just paste it.
Tyler Lewis
ldanna

Post by ldanna »

Update. Appears that the remote cable was a problem. Not sure it was the correct cable . no numbers on it only the Motorola name embossed on the molded plugs. the db25 male and female were wired straight thru but only about 8 inches between them. the long leg of the cable went to the "accessory plug" a trapezoid plug broken out to the speaker and 12V Ignition lead. not the 15 pin similar to the rear end of a low power radio . the Trapezoid connector must have been for a later XTL radio I am speculating. anyway I found that the 12 V lead went to the pin marked as Spare1 on the DB25. I applied 12v to the second DB25 on the radio and Voila it fired up. I am curious about the extension cable I would think that the long length of the multi cable would have the db 25 connectors on each end and the cable Y out of it would be a shorter length. Maybe this cable was for another purpose any thoughts?

Larry

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”