HT 1000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ras262

HT 1000

Post by ras262 »

Regarding HT1000's. I am going to be picking some up soon and I will need to get chargers for them. Some of these have keypads on them (which will not be used by the way) and others do not. I have noticed that the units with the keypads are larger \thicker in diameter than the non kepad units ( I suspect due to the added circuitry needed for the keypad) so I suspect that they will need a different style charger. Does Motorola make one standard starger that will accept both styles of HT1000?

Thanks...
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: HT 1000

Post by FireCpt809 »

Same charger.. the base of the radio is no different
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Some batteries are thicker. The original chargers came with a metal spacer that could be positioned in the front of the charger to make proper insertion easier, and to compensate for the various battery thickness. Make sure the spacer is set correctly (or removed altogether).
JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

Post by JRUTA »

RFguy wrote:Some batteries are thicker. The original chargers came with a metal spacer that could be positioned in the front of the charger to make proper insertion easier, and to compensate for the various battery thickness. Make sure the spacer is set correctly (or removed altogether).
There are medium capacity batteries, as well as high capacity (thicker) As a previous poster stated: same charger. As the other poster stated: there was a spacer for the medium. IIRC the batteries had side-"slits" in them, which allowed the medium capacities to be held firmly in the charger without the spacer.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”