CP150 CP200 orange LED

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Kimberleykid
New User

CP150 CP200 orange LED

Post by Kimberleykid »

Hi there,
I have a CP040 (CP150/CP200) which when turned on make no sound. It only shows a continuous orange LED. (Red and green LEDs lit) Has anyone got a solution or perhaps aware of what causes this fault?
Many thanks in advance.
CircleBat

Re: CP150 CP200 orange LED

Post by CircleBat »

low power going to microprocessor.. either low battery or a swimmer radio

CircleBat
Kimberleykid
New User

Post by Kimberleykid »

Thanks for that, but not a swimmer or low battery.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Can you read with CPS? Does it transmit? Ever receive a transmission on it? Smells like a corrupt codeplug or a bad EEPROM
Kimberleykid
New User

Post by Kimberleykid »

Hi there,
no code plug read. I also have a number of UHF CP040 radios that when switched on they give about a 1 second red LED flash followed by a short low tone. If the volume is then turned up you can hear some audio hiss in the speaker. Any idea's. Many thanks for your reesponses.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

What do you mean by no code plug read? You have not yet read the codeplug, or you're unable to read the codeplug?

Again, it smells like a corrupt codeplug problem.

I don't suppose you are using NiCD batteries with these radios????
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Try reading the radio, but it sounds like a response to a QCII call alert.
My CP200 responds to a call alert in this very manner.

I suggest you read the codeplug, and find out what options the radio is capable of.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Kimberleykid wrote:Hi there,
no code plug read. I also have a number of UHF CP040 radios that when switched on they give about a 1 second red LED flash followed by a short low tone. If the volume is then turned up you can hear some audio hiss in the speaker. Any idea's. Many thanks for your reesponses.
That's an almost guaranteed corrupted codeplug. I don't know about the CP040 models, but the CPS for the CP150/200 series can detect a corrupted codeplug & will attempt to fix it. If that fails, a firmware upgrade will almost surely fix it.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”