Fair price for a Micom 2TS?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Johnno
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTL2.5K,XTS2.5k, P25 stuff....

Fair price for a Micom 2TS?

Post by Johnno »

Hi,

Just after some general advice.

Can anyone advise me on a fair price for a 2nd hand Micom 2TS. Radio only, no head or cabling. Ebay job.

I have never used /\/\ HF and may be about to embark on a steep learning curve.

Johnno
Jim202

Re: Fair price for a Micom 2TS?

Post by Jim202 »

Johnno wrote:Hi,

Just after some general advice.

Can anyone advise me on a fair price for a 2nd hand Micom 2TS. Radio only, no head or cabling. Ebay job.

I have never used /\/\ HF and may be about to embark on a steep learning curve.

Johnno

Unless you already have the head and both the control cable and DC power cable, those parts are hard to come by used. So the bottom line is the radio is useless with out the parts needed.

Jim
Johnno
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTL2.5K,XTS2.5k, P25 stuff....

Post by Johnno »

Thanks Jim,

I had guessed that may be the case.
I might let this one go.

Many thanks.
jhooten

Post by jhooten »

When I priced the head from Mobat it was $800, just the head. I was 'fraid to ask about the cables and brackets.
JMINN

Post by JMINN »

The Micom 2TS can be operated headless using a laptop and proper software. If you are into construction projects, a control head can be built for under $100.00. The control cable is the same as the Motorola MCS2000, the power cable is easy to make, the connector can be bought from Mouser. Information is available on the Yahoo Micom groups web site. Most of the headless Micoms on Ebay have been going from $100. to $300.

Joe

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”