HT1250 Won't Transmit

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

drwyse570
New User

HT1250 Won't Transmit

Post by drwyse570 »

I have an HT1250 with a full keypad that has the most recent firmware and CPS programming. I purchased it used on line and was able to program it with no problem. However, the radio won't transmit. I can receive just fine on it and when I key up the PTT, the MDC tone beeps and the red light says I'm transmitting. However, there is nothing transmitted on the other end. I first thought that the mic was bad, but then I noticed that the receiving radio does not even show that I'm transmitting. This is on every channel, so I know it isn't a programming issue. Not to mention I used a codeplug from my other radios that works just fine. What could be the problem?
mcs166
New User

Re: HT1250 Won't Transmit

Post by mcs166 »

I know this post is very old but Did you ever figure this out? I have a sick radio that's doing the exact same thing.
tztop10
What radios do you own?: HT1250 EX600XLS CDM1250 CP200

Post by tztop10 »

although unlikely it could be that the TX frequency got altered for some reason, that would be the first place to check.
MaxK98
What radios do you own?: Lots of Motorola!

Post by MaxK98 »

First check if the programmed TX frequency is right or the PL tone os good.
If it is a repeater channel, program it in simplex and try to talk with another radio nearby. If it does work, output power may be bad
If it still does not work, the transmitter may have gone out of aligment and needs to be serviced.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

I have seen this many times in some of the portables in our fleet. I have noticed that
sometimes the little tiny PTT microswitch soldered to the pc board falls off the board
and needs to be resoldered back on. If you take the case off take note inside the case
as the microswitch may fall out of the case in your hands.
fineshot1
NJ USA
tztop10
What radios do you own?: HT1250 EX600XLS CDM1250 CP200

Post by tztop10 »

i know its old but try checking if CPS auto sets your tx offset
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Radio is either off frequency or has no power out

Put it on a service monitor (or watt meter & frequency counter) to gather more information and determine your next course of action

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”