r750/r750+ Programming Cable Help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Vercomm

r750/r750+ Programming Cable Help

Post by Vercomm »

Hey All,

I'm wondering if anybody knows how to build a USB programming cable for an r750+? If memory serves the original programming cables for the r750 were NKN6522B and were serial on the computer side. Or if someone knows were i can buy a couple. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
VE3HKB
New User

Re: r750/r750+ Programming Cable Help

Post by VE3HKB »

Jamie:
While it is possible to build such a cable (you'd need to find a connector with all pins intact), it's probable easier and cheaper to just buy one. You'd then have to replicate USB to serial and serial to TTL level circuitry. The NKN6522 had the serial converter in the lump in the middle of the cable.
I don't recall Motorola ever making a USB version, but I have seen some aftermarket ones. I had a PCMCIA card version of one many years ago.
There's not a lot you can do with this radio unless you have an active iDEN network nearby, as it did not support talk around.
Most carriers will not activate this model, but many active units are still in service.
Vercomm

Post by Vercomm »

thanks a ton!!!!!!
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
missionmedic
New User

Post by missionmedic »

Hello, i am looking for a R750 program cable, any ideas, ken

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”