HT-1000 loose knobs

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W4KRR
What radios do you own?: XTS3000's; XTS2500's; many sca

HT-1000 loose knobs

Post by W4KRR »

I have an HT1000 on which the volume and channel selector knobs wiggle too much from front to back. I took the radio apart, and it seems the whole "control module" assembly, that is, the assembly at the top that has the volume, channel selector, and ABC switch attached- is loose. There doesn't seem to be any way to tighten it up via screws or anything else. Any advise would be appreciated.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

The only way to do fix it is to replace the assembly.

There might be someone on the board who has a kit for sale.

Anyone?

-Alex
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

There's such a kit listed on EBay starting about $49. Complete unit with controls and popples on a plug-in flex ribbon. (no soldering)
Will

Post by Will »

You mite try replacing the housing that holds the switches, p/n 2705877U01, and cover, 1505632V01.
Adamwest

Top Control Panel for the HT-1000

Post by Adamwest »

Hi

I have several of the vol/ch with flex for the HT-1000. Let me get back to work Monday and I will see what they cost. New in the box from big M!!!

You can e-mail if you are interested!!

Adam

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”