Codeplug Converter

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

4n6inv

Codeplug Converter

Post by 4n6inv »

Once upon a time, in a Bat Cave far, far away I read about either an Excel program or a process in which you could export a Astro Spectra codeplug into some type of Excel file and pseudo convert it into a file that could then be imported by the P25 software.

Anyone familiar? Tried several searches this morning but no dice.
Bigfella237

Re: Codeplug Converter

Post by Bigfella237 »

Is this what you're looking for...

http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/aa25convert.pl

Andrew
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

YES!!! Thank you! That's the one I was looking for.

Is that a stand alone program that I can download, or is one that has to be run from the site?

I just got an Astro Spectra Plus consolette and want to clone my mobile codeplug - as nearly as possible to the consolette. I used it years ago when I transferred the info from my XTS3000 to my XTS5000 and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again!
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Run it from the site.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

Worked like a charm! Thanks everyone. I was gifted an Astro Spectra Plus consolette - essentially NOS, with clock, and cloned my mobile Astro Spectra W3. It worked great. I got tons of error messages about the display character length, but amazingly; it truncated the number of characters from 14 to 8, and all I had to do was edit about 30-35% of the channel names to fit 8 characters. It worked WAY better than I expected.

Thanks, especially to Akardam for hosting this awesome utility!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”