DIU3000 data output question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

thebopps
New User

DIU3000 data output question

Post by thebopps »

Does the DIU3000 output data (unit id, talk group info, etc.) out of the COMPUTER port on the front of the device?
Astro Spectra

Re: DIU3000 data output question

Post by Astro Spectra »

If it does then it's not documented in anything I've seen both that's not to say it can't.
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

The DIU does output the talkgroup, unit ID, and emergency status via the "Centracom Signalling Link", which is a subset of pins on one of the DB-25's on the back. It's 9600 baud asynchronous data, but the protocol/format is proprietary. If I remember right, it periodically sends a byte or two, looking for a response from the Centracom console. If it doesn't get that response, you won't see any of that talkgroup or unit ID data.

I've heard if you send the same byte or bytes back to it, it will start to send more stuff... But I've never actually tried it.

The newer DIU's came with a small booklet that covered the "Centracom Signalling Link" connections and operation.

I think the DIU does send an error message out the COMPUTER port on the front when it receives a transmission encrypted with a key that it doesn't have, but that's about it from what I've seen.
thebopps
New User

Post by thebopps »

Thanks for your help

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”