O5 control head part numbers

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

John

O5 control head part numbers

Post by John »

I am looking for the part numbers for the XTL O5 control head front bezel. I would like the newer dark grey color with the O5 label on it. Also I would like the part number for the LCD module for this head. I have a couple that the displays are going bad in.

Thanks,

John
Norman
New User

Re: O5 control head part numbers

Post by Norman »

John --

As of last June, the part number for the LCD is 7264052H05
Description is "DISPLAY, LCD, HIGH TEMP".

I never replaced the bezel so I don't have that info at hand.

Norman
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Black faceplate is part number 1564047H06 and contrary to the manual does not include the lightpipes. The nameplate is also not included and is part number 3315038C02. I have all these parts in stock, PM if interested.
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

Is that LCD part number for the XTL O5 or the APX O5? The APX LCD looks a little clearer and maybe slightly greenish when off, or am I just seeing things and they are identical? I know my old XTL LCDs have contrast issues depending on viewing angle and the APX O5 at my buddy's fire station doesn't seem to suffer the same issue.
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
Norman
New User

Post by Norman »

redbeard wrote:Is that LCD part number for the XTL O5 or the APX O5? The APX LCD looks a little clearer and maybe slightly greenish when off, or am I just seeing things and they are identical? I know my old XTL LCDs have contrast issues depending on viewing angle and the APX O5 at my buddy's fire station doesn't seem to suffer the same issue.
The part number I mentioned was specifically for an XTL '05. It *might* be the same for an APX, though I don't have an APX nor have I researched it.

I replaced the LCD in my XTL '05 head for exactly the reason you stated. The old one looked "washed" when viewed from the left. The new one (a later rev.) looks great at all viewing angles. I read somewhere that at least one of the reason the LCD was rev'ed was to address the contrast/viewing angle issue.

Norman

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”