MOTOROLA GR300 REPEATER OUTPUT POWER

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Enrique Torres

MOTOROLA GR300 REPEATER OUTPUT POWER

Post by Enrique Torres »

Hello, I have a vhf GR300 repeater with 8 ch gm300 rx and m130 tx, cor and epcom 6 cavity duplexer, I need to know if its recomended to use the 45 watts ouput power of the m130 tx radio, this is the problem: I have a 78 ft tower with a hustler G7 antenna, I transmit to the repeater with a ht1000 with 1 watt of power and my family listen over 28 miles of range (very good signal) , the problem is when they transmit back with a 45 watts m208 I dont listen to them very well most of the transmissions listen anything (no dpl problem), My famyly location is higher than my tower height. Thank you for any advise.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: MOTOROLA GR300 REPEATER OUTPUT POWER

Post by com501 »

In repeater operation it is not recommeded to exceed 50% of the rated mobile output power of any of the GR series repeaters. Typically you do not want to exceed 25 watts for the 40 watt mobiles.
kato56

Re: MOTOROLA GR300 REPEATER OUTPUT POWER

Post by kato56 »

I would determine what the sensitivity is through the duplexer on the RX section by comparing what the GR300 receiver opens squelch versus the same input signal going through the cavities would be a good starting point and then investigate the antenna/feedline that it is operating to specification. I've seen some systems where a receive preamp helped as well. (just my opinion)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”