Radius M10 Mobiles Repeater Help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DC-6
New User

Radius M10 Mobiles Repeater Help

Post by DC-6 »

I have 2 Radius M10 mobiles connected to each other with a I50R Moto repeater controller. I can not read them after a couple days of trying. I have used several different RSS, computers(old dos ones), and cables/RIB.

Can I just swap out the 2 M10 mobiles with 2 others that use CPS programs that also have the 16pin on the back such as the CM300 or M1225 using the I50R repeater controller and it still work as a repeater? If so is there anything special about the programming I need to know?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Radius M10 Mobiles Repeater Help

Post by SteveC0625 »

DC-6 wrote:I have 2 Radius M10 mobiles connected to each other with a I50R Moto repeater controller. I can not read them after a couple days of trying. I have used several different RSS, computers(old dos ones), and cables/RIB.
You need to be using HVN8177 RSS, and the version has to be at least as high as the radios are currently programmed with. If these M10's are functional, then you've been using either the wrong CPS or cable or the cable's broke.
DC-6 wrote:Can I just swap out the 2 M10 mobiles with 2 others that use CPS programs that also have the 16pin on the back such as the CM300 or M1225 using the I50R repeater controller and it still work as a repeater? If so is there anything special about the programming I need to know?
Even if you swapped out the radios, you still need the proper cable, CPS and version for whatever radios you substitute.

The docs for the repeater controller should give information on programming the radios for repeater use, regardless of what radio is in there. There are several pins on the accessory connector that need to be programmed for the radios to talk to each other properly in a repeater configuration.

Edit to add: You did not say if the M10's would even fire up when attempting to program them. It's possible that the ignition sense is programmed for Ignition Only. That's generally a less than desirable setting. Apply +12vdc to Pin 10 to get around that for starters and then fix the Ignition Sense programming.
DC-6
New User

Post by DC-6 »

I do have the cables and programs for alot of the Windows programmable Motorola mobiles. The M10s do power up they do not have ignition sense as they have been this "repeater" since new. I got my hands on a different laptop and got to where I can read and write to em. All I did was change the freq and tones and I could talk back and forth to it from a portable. But now I cannot. So whats the verdict on just swappen em out with some M1225s?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

DC-6 wrote:I do have the cables and programs for alot of the Windows programmable Motorola mobiles. The M10s do power up they do not have ignition sense as they have been this "repeater" since new. I got my hands on a different laptop and got to where I can read and write to em. All I did was change the freq and tones and I could talk back and forth to it from a portable. But now I cannot. So whats the verdict on just swappen em out with some M1225s?
It would be very difficult to trouble shoot the problem long distance, but if the M10's still work properly by themselves, then I'd suspect that there is something minor preventing proper repeater function. Maybe a wrong pin in the programming or similar.

You could probably swap in most any /\/\ product that has the 16 or 20 pin accessory connector. Waris, Commercial, Radius, M1225 would all fit the bill. Since you apparently don't need narrowband, GM300's, M120's, and more would also work. But I suspect you'd run in to the exact same issues unless you have the programming instructions for the interface so that you know which accessory pins to program in each radio.
Satelite

Post by Satelite »

Hello:
Just some info:
GM300 / M120 / M10 mobiles were available in 12.5 narrowband from Motorola.
So its possible these mobiles being used are narrowband.
Wouldn't know for sure till the model number was given.
Satelite
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

Are you using a duplexer with one antenna? Did you tune the duplexer to the new frequencies?
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
DC-6
New User

Post by DC-6 »

I did some swapping around with the jumpers and and radios till I found a combination that worked. I don't remember taking them this conglomeration apart but apparently I did at some point. Also turned out 1 of my RIB to pc cables was broken and some of the floppy disks I was using was to transfer RSS to old pc was corrupted. So that was my programming issues I guess.

So 3 simple things learned about using RSS programs, make sure you have a good battery in the RIB. I like to use a wall plug, closely inspect cable, and make sure your disks have not aged like fine wine before asking online.

They are not 12.5 radios and duplexer was tuned. I was using it to fill in for a Kenwood TKR850 which turned out was just cold solder joints that I could have fixed in less time than I spent messing with these Motos

Thanks everyone

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”