Systems saber help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GI_Jose82
New User
What radios do you own?: Saber,XTS2500, XTS500,VX800

Systems saber help

Post by GI_Jose82 »

I Need help!! I have 2 systems saber III that I can read and write to with no issues they communicate fine. The problem is that the menu -mode -light buttons do not work no matter what I do. I'm stuck in just one zone. Anyone know how to fix this? If I put it into the program mode by turning it on while holding all 3 buttons it does it..so its definitely not the keypad.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
RFI-EMI-GUY

Re: Systems saber help

Post by RFI-EMI-GUY »

Radio Wide Options Screen: Set to Zone/Channel? If you can view only in this screen your model number is not correct for a keypad model.

I did not know that pressing all three buttons activated programming mode. I thought this was an early SABER function. The RSS should invoke programming mode on its own. Try it.

What version RSS are you using? Is it same or later as what the radios were last programmed with? Are you using the recommended SLOW 386/486 IBM PC?

Lastly, try a different code plug. Sounds like a programming problem most definitely.

Curious what you find. Also please read my thread about System SABER Leakage Current and measure yours for me. Thanks Joe
TV DINNER BY THE POOL, IM SO GLAD I FINISHED SCHOOL. FZ
GI_Jose82
New User
What radios do you own?: Saber,XTS2500, XTS500,VX800

Post by GI_Jose82 »

Hello Joe,

I'm using sys saber ver:r04.00.00 on a 386 IBM and have no issues programming the rest of my radios. I only have an issue with 2 of them. I tried everything you suggested but still no luck. I read your post and wish I could help but I'm currently deployed and have I way of testing the radios sorry I can only program while I'm here.

Thanks for the reply.

Jose
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”